Sunday, April 5, 2009

#1: Art Class

Comic one is up! And I know its small, but I think if you click it you get to see the full version...? We'll see...

This is the first Catsup I've done in years, forgive me if the characters are wonky. I need to get used to drawing them again! Also the first one ever scanned in and colored on the computer. I kinda like the look, it reminds me of newspaper strips.

As with all my comics, this was drawn on bristol board with ink. My pens have been weird latley, so I just used a tech pen, but I will soon go back to pen nibs and india ink, my favorite media ever. So so so when I finished the drawing, and was all set to scan it in, my scanner wouldn't connect to my computer! Oh no, right? And then I got it to connect...and it wouldn't scan. But it worked after being unplugged and re-plugged, so all is good. And you probably didn't need that boring story, but I told you anyway. So there.

Anyways, this didn't take as long as I thought. Maybe I'll update every Sunday night?

7 comments:

  1. also, india ink sucks. seriously, im going crazy in my drawing class. I'm terrible at it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much!

    And india ink takes a while to get used to, but after you've used it a while it is a ton of fun. At least, that's how it was for me...:3

    ReplyDelete
  3. but I think if you click it you get to see the full version...?

    YES. And seeing this makes me super happy. :3

    ReplyDelete
  4. we had this 'free drawing' thing in class, everyone had fun with it, and when we put them up, the class said what emotion our animal was feeling. Mine was emo. : (

    ReplyDelete